The Federal Government has said all Nigerians fleeing the insurrection in Sudan but got stranded at the Egypt border have been airlifted and brought back to Nigeria.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Nasir Sani-Gwarzo, stated this when he received another batch of Nigerian evacuees at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja.
Report says, a total of 834 Nigerian evacuees from Egypt and Port Sudan arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja yesterday, bringing to the total of 1,471 Nigerians so far evacuated and brought back to Nigeria from Egypt and Port Sudan in five days.
Recall that the first batch, comprising 282 evacuees, arrived last Wednesday night from Egypt via a plane flight, the second batch, comprising 94 evacuees, arrived from Egypt via CI30; while the third batch, comprising 130 evacuees, arrived on Friday from Port Sudan. The report stated that the fourth batch, comprising 131 evacuees, arrived on Saturday from Port Sudan, while the fifth, sixth and seventh batches of 876 evacuees arrived Sunday from Egypt and Port Sudan.
According to Sani-Gwarzo, no Nigerian is left at the Egypt border, as all Nigerians at that point had been evacuated.