Federal Government has announced that evacuation of Nigerians stranded in the United States due to the novel coronavirus will begin on May 10.
It said 700 Nigerians have registered with the missions in the U.S for the evacuation, which would be done in batches.
The Consul-General, Benaoyagha Okoyen, who disclosed this in a statement, said the first batch of 270 evacuees would be transported to Abuja through an Ethiopian Airlines flight ET 509.
Reports say over 2,000 Nigerians in China, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, and others have also indicated interests in returning home on account of the coronavirus pandemic.
Recall that the Federal Government had earlier said the returning citizens would pay for their flight and also be put in compulsory quarantine on arrival in Nigeria.
By Jane Uwa
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @PLANET_101FM